Thursday, September 9, 2010

Going to the Chapel


and their gonna get maaaaried?!?

DSC_0471

It cannot be possible that this day has finally come. It's quite surreal, but I can't wait to dive in deep tomorrow. I should go to sleep right now, as even just the anticipation of events is exhausting (and also because I'm sure my health would thank me for the rest in its attempts to rid my body of whatever is causing this head and stomach ache of great proportions)-- but I'm honestly too excited to do it!

My paper is done, my presentation well-thought out and now it's finally hitting me that this is all about to happen. I know it sounds like I'm the one getting married here, so let's clarify.

DSC_0477

She is getting married.

The one who just turned 21 on monday and who I hugged in a stairwell as we buzzed in opposite directions just three years ago.

God changed my life when he brought Noelle in. He became the God who could exceed expectations and meet me where I dreamed big. He provided. And he did so in large part, especially in the beginning but even still, through the bubbly blonde from Annapolis with the almost equally crazy family and the spirited smiles and early bedtime.

DSC_0478

She is my Timothy-- the one who I'd send in my place in order to be best represented. My sister in Christ. The bride. And as we embark on this weekend of celebration for her and her groom, I just pray that God give them a boldness in going about the first few uncertain months of their marriage.

DSC_0482

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." -2 Timothy 1:7

DSC_0472

And now I really am going to bed, because I've got to get going.

To the chapel!!

1 comment:

Gillian said...

What a beautiful post, Sadie!