Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Simile and Some Slippers


What our neighbors downstairs wrote (in an e-mail complaining about our noise, entitled, "noise."):

"We do believe that you all may be unaware of how much noise you are making. Since you all don't have carpet, we hear everything! It's especially frustrating when we are trying to sleep and are awakened by furniture being moved across the floors or loud walking..."

What we up here heard (in the e-mail complaining that we live and breathe, entitled, "noise.")

"Um, hello, excuse me-- you walk like elephants."

DSC_0310

DSC_0309

DSC_0308

DSC_0307

(thus, these were a must when Katie found the last pair at Target in the dollar section)

DSC_0298

2 comments:

Sherninator said...

Holy elephant feet Batman! Very ingenious.

Katie Jones said...

I miss elephant position #1, my representation of us. Part of me is happy we're not roommates anymore so that reading your blog posts doesn't have to feel awkward anymore.

word verification: chantele, like "shan tell," where "shan" is a mix of "shall" and "can".

Example:
I chantele you that you walk like elephants. I don't mean you're fat--you're just loud and obnoxious.