Thursday, July 1, 2010

Our Favorite Girl

Okay, so having just spent two and a half hours "e-chatting" Dell to fix my computer and an hour trying to get the pictures and video onto the blog and then having the blog deny me, I'm done trying to be fancy! I had these great pictures of Sadie over the past 3 years (not many, mind you, since she's the photographer, but still a few) and the blog hates me and won't let me publish them so I'm emailing the original post to her and seeing if she can work her magic once she returns. Instead, I'll just post the last section for you:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgslRgVACPbLnym_0hpQWjUMAJWQYWeGbdabLYXaaZxlikAnxn_fQWCnppPUdINNHNI8cQEuf46TEcpP6ijb_ckeR2KpgCmzZu_s5YDWhNvrlcJ-nbIHzh3o8NntnQqHnE5qufBCXxbjRJd/s400/summertime+044.jpg

Junior Year: Sades names our house La Petite Maison Blanche, and at times Link could be found chillin on our front porch. She was also a vital part of catching the mouse after naming him Victor and protecting Dina and I from his destructive jaws.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgNE3WIK4zM7zksXEVC-zoXX6M-Db_OHGkqWlQtDw8Xil4MjzFkfrtT1jKt7d4bqUoW_li1VqsqQEENxFoLVCTfnx4vIJcli4aBRjzHeD-yFuAC99BVJ8X0SH8GbW4tFws6vHxN7dUy5D6B/s400/winter+spring+005.jpg
Sadie taught me the importance of a good prank and how to successfully pull them off. For my junior ring week prank, I came home to find the entire upstairs hallway full of cups, each complete with either a live goldfish or a goldfish cracker. One bathroom which is on the first floor meant that I had to carry each cup downstairs to empty it without spilling water everywhere which proved to be quite a comical challenge!


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhXqb2TnmpNhqxPX-p-3jgu2BQ-fIHps_1U1Xza-GKN6L3_0_5pCFS9zF06JzFJYlhea-YqeJHjeRvKT6zUlOdQthD1AYHsL1y3YHd_B2fnCm0GkwR178Xw6rRa81vUKz7ROaF-gCjndWLF/s400/office+019.jpg

Sophomore Year: The Office. Enough said.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEje6GXKqONp6KeLP-91UJUYiC-wzcv9g9qWZ8dUWBvcGZU-5naOTat3HMpaEIcytcPjL190qX9fqmi7T-aEEvumXvdID1bgcujmoFpUzD5aukv4n8oICTt4XkOBvzsdzKDDWOG1Oo5xYJHo/s400/random+017.jpg

Freshman Year: One of our first weekends, we had a girls’ night out which then lead to the infamous call to Papa Smith and went something like “uh dad, I just spent all of my month’s allowance in one evening!” At least she got sweet toenails and flip flops out of it!


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhR8An7AL4CpEXNoIOrHzfeLaaeyICWOXlEoRfQ7cE-ylxOKWdNwY5sAL6P-MN1UyWLLaZOIVfbNuduL0bbVT082hFl7KZh3pxPM0Lmz9yd81-yDthUBH3UAH2aLLDLnwlN0mnhZCqJUNxm/s400/random+153.jpg

Baybay no pants, without the Baybay in the picture, literally. I think he’s still out of the picture…or not? it's an on-again, off-again, on-again with another Baybay, off-again with both, on-again with both type of relationship...whichever way, it’s a made up relationship, so you don't need to hound her about it when she returns :D


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi9PL81uItL7ZMuC-WRv1ymNIHdviL9s4jkKqLKygoW8Fb5X2vOupWueNxd1silw6iVW-2-GD41cAmpJSgcDsiKO1rTDaMpStPO8PNRIFh6JoTrlajrJc6tLU3S0jjwWZ5h3bQGGtWCEjlO/s400/random+010.jpg

Sadie has good taste, huh?! Little did she know that she’d inherit half of my wardrobe in the coming years!


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg8jDLUbn5j2twJA1j_mZBi4IR-BSujkyqdHlkeyHWXBK5Ayreqjx6YriHRwxS_Or-sXesDHrUoBB_Pgul0PqhxgXIhEq4CE9jSUMwOknXl3jB1KXKrOUlOfASZR-R5AqAyZ7dwZ7bCX6gA/s400/random+011.jpg

Ever the optimist, I believe her remark during this was “well, at least it’ll make a funny picture!” Classic Custis, classic Spades.


So, it's now time to brag on Sadie for a bit because Lord knows she won't do it herself! I love the fact that she'll watch Hey Arnold episodes online and take three hour naps with you just because she wants to be around you. I love that her tongue looks like that of a whale when she laughs (and she does too, I'm sure of it). I love that she will eat anything when dared (shout out to Luke who I still need to meet) and that she'll kidnap you to do so-much-fun things with her. More importantly, though, I love and admire her dedication to both work and play, to both friends and family, to both God and man. I love that 'wasting' time with her is never really a waste. Yes, it's sure to be a blast, but more importantly, it's sure to allow you a glimpse at how to walk each and every moment in the footsteps of Christ.

Keep shining that Light, baby.




p.s. Sorry I didn't post more, but this lack of internet at my house/computer going crazy/lack of ways to get places thing have been working against me! Excuses, I know, but please take pity. If I think of things I want to share with ya'll, I'll email Sadie for her to post. Does that sound good? I do hope so. I'm off to our semi-annual family reunion on Saturday in Cleveland, and by then you'll have Large Dance back woohooooo I'm sure she'll need to catch up on sleep but she'll be back in action very soon. Enjoy the day.

1 comment:

Katie Jones said...

Visible tongue!!! :D :D :D