Monday, September 15, 2008

The bishop is like the senator



I really haven't had a chance to think up diligent thoughts (outside of Biology and the Little Rock Nine) but I had to stop and blog because that's what you do in a coffee shop right? Noelle, Dina, Deirdre and I really have had a productive afternoon here... not sure what the others are doing, except for Dina is doing some sort of political science work because often she blurts a question about flag burning, roe v. wade, euthenasia and the likes. Currently she is not speaking English. We're fairly certain she's plotting to blow up the coffee shop. But that's just stereotypes talking. 

We sure have laughed a lot, as per Dina is like a young child when you take her off campus. "What's this?" "Who's that?" "Walk with me" "What'd you say?" "Huh?" "You guys?!" just typical questions. Occasionally though, her statements are worth writing down and our quote page is almost full of her youthful bantering. The title of this post is inspired by her inquiry into the possibility of her becoming the bishop of the country. Appropriately, I made a political analogy to the religious figures which, alas, did not help. The rest of us found it comical. Her thoughts on prayer in schools? 

To Noelle: "Oh, you guys probably start off with like 10 Hail Mary's or something" 
Deirge: "No, that's me!"

Indeed it has been a high class afternoon of political debate and theological pondering whilst coffee sipping. What. a. treat. 

No comments: