It was on a random license plate outside of the BCM today. Let's talk about today for a minute... BEA-utiful! It is not yet officially fall, but autumn is in the air. It smells, feels and looks like my favorite season today. So wonderful! But until I saw that bumper sticker and my Rooms pulled me along to Panera I hardly really gave the day a second thought. My throat hurt, my head hurt, my body is sore from a week of intense study and I was not about to let the beauty shine on my rainy parade. Good thing God made roommates, big sisters, a BCM, apple cider, autumn blend coffee, 68 degree weather, and grace.
There are some things to get XSTATIC about!
"How long will you simple ones love your simple ways?
How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge?
If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out my heart to you
and made my thoughts known to you."
-Proverbs 1:22-23
I don't request this of Him enough. Make your thoughts known to me and pour out your heart, God. And even if I do, I ask it only half-heartedly so that when He does, I'm cool in my simple ways. Cool to wake up with a sore throat and camp out in the room on a beautiful day. He whispers- Sadie, I'm out here!
Well, that and He gets Noelle to drag me kicking and screaming out of my bed. I'm so glad He did. How quickly did I forget what He did one week ago when she led me off campus?! I mean its been a long week, but you'd think I had amnesia or something to so soon disregard the power of giving some time over to Him. Especially now that the week is over. What is wrong with me? I made it! Two tests, a paper and a presentation later the weekend is here. Why am I not more joyful? Perhaps because in all of my stress I did not take a minute to sit with Him and ask that He get me through. So the guilt outweighs the accomplishment. You know how they say half the fun is getting there? I think spiritually half of the joy is getting there. So half of the joy is missing in the end if "getting there" lacked a request to God for wisdom, direction, and understanding. I have to stop and insert here a "get there" for Josh. No less than three (<3)!
Speaking of getting there, Noelle and Mary Beth are sitting next to me mapping out Noelle's academic and professional life. Think I'm exagerrating? No lie. Seriously going course by course to find the right direction for her life. Pretty lofty stuff. Still, in true form to the example that they often are, both of them have smiles on their faces, sipping on some drinks (lemon and all), with a good blend of trust that God is in control and initiative to search out the options. My prayer right now for her is that He would make abundantly clear what He wants for her. That He give her a peace not only as this choosing process goes on, but also as she pursues the trail that has not yet been blazed. If anyone can it's Noelle with her determination, diligence, and humor. God, you know that and I petition you to affirm those qualities in her. Use me however you will in this process, as you have used her in my life. Thank you, God for Mary Beth and the help that she is right now and always. For equipping each of us so differently and so complementary I am so grateful because where I am no help, MB is killin' right now!
"and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.
For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge
and understanding."
-Proverbs 2: 3-6
As I type these words cheers are coming from my right. Noelle can stay and MDub! Well, potentially. As if I know what's coming from this. But for the joy that is being lifted up right here in this Panera I praise you, God!
Talk about joy in getting there. Continue to rebuke, and make me XSTATIC!
No comments:
Post a Comment