Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back in Business


I'm back at my desk in Fredvegas, it's nearly 1 a.m., I'm not really that tired as per the one hour nap I enjoyed at the Modly's. I've unpacked, watched the Golden Globes, had a sister date, greeted old friends in the hallways-- done everything but actually get settled. It has yet to sink in that work starts tomorrow. Real work. School work. Interacting with teachers work. Homework. Making myself presentable. Set an alarm work. Loose leaf paper work. Work. 

It's not that I'm all that nervous. It's just that I'm ready for the first few days, the ones where they tell you all that you're going to have to do before the 1st of May, the overwhelming ones, to be done. The idea of a new semester of work hasn't really set in yet. It's not that I don't want it to-- I'm very excited for this spring. I just would like to skip shock mode. 

And rather than complain about that or everything I'm going to have to do before May 1st, I just ask You, God, to sustain me. Hear my cares and my apprehensions, see my nerves where they may rear their ugly heads and carry me. I don't want to have an attitude of wishing my days away. I want to feel them and embrace them and love on people and be uplifting and be uplifted and I can't do it on my own strength. As I take up my work, I take up my cross and tell you I just don't have the power to balance it all. I can't just comfort myself when I see my assignments and feel surrounded. That's all you. And we're back in business.

No comments: