Saturday, January 10, 2009

Jet planes: A Love/Hate Relationship



Okay, well I have no problems with planes. Especially not Southwest planes- amazing airline! But what planes imply? That I have a love/hate relationship with.

I love that I will get to run errands with my Rooms around Naptown.
I hate that I'm leaving my mom to clean up Christmas by herself.

I love that I will get to throw a party for my beloved Big D.
I hate that I will not get to see Jared and Cindy off.

I love that I will get to play power Uno.
I hate that I will not get to play the Wii. (call me materialistic, but that thing is so much fun. and Wii fit?! A miracle it isn't jumping into my suitcase...)

I love that I will get to watch The Office/Grey's with my fellow fans.
I hate that I will not get to watch 24 with my fellow fans.

I love that I will get to hear Noelle stumble across the room or bump into everything possible and hear her yell "ow!"
I hate that I will not get to hear my mother get off of the couch and fart with every step towards the kitchen. 

I love that I will get to be in the company of Ashley as I type on my computer and catch up with her.
I hate that I will not get to hear Dad play "Conasta!" as I type on my computer and we sit relatively quietly because we've talked about most everything there has been to talk about. 

I love that I will get to laugh until it hurts at some rant of Dina's... oh wait. 
I hate that Dina will not be at UMW when I get back.

I love that I will get to hear "arooroorooroo."
I hate that I will not get to hear "ya booooooy."

I love that Noelle has such a receptive, hospitable family that will take me in at the drop of a hat.
I hate that I'm leaving my own. 

I'll miss puppy breath and Bella's soft ears.
I'll miss Dominoes and MarioKartWii with the bunch.
I'll miss SNAB.
I'll miss rolling over in my bed at 11.
I'll miss snuggling with my mom.
I'll miss Sunday lunch.
I'll miss dirty dishes and a kitchen to clean.
I'll miss parents obsessively playing Dr. Mario.
I'll miss babysitting. 
I'll miss Rock Creek.

I look forward to 5-Alive.
I look forward to Bio (say WHAT?!?) honest. 
I look forward to a schedule.
I look forward to Fairview.
I look forward to Girl's Night.
I look forward to tea.
I look forward to a sister date.
I look forward to cuddling in my twin bed. 
I look forward to notes on the medicine cabinet.

I love that I can't even know what to look forward to. Because no matter how much I dislike leaving what I love, He always finds a way to surprise and delight me on the other end. I always thought that quote "don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened" was a little cheesy. Call me corny (though I would ask you to cut me some slack after you take note of the time), but it's how I feel tonight. Because it really is a good piece of wisdom. I've reconciled the "hate" aspect of departing to the "love" aspect of arriving, so bring it on, jet plane.  

No comments: