Around this house (it has spread to many houses, actually, I'm afraid) we put a lot of unnecessary t's in words. I might be the worst out of everyone.
The most common insertion of the "t" has to be in the word dinner.
So now you know I haven't made some major typo in my title.
Sometimes if I say "dinner" I correct myself and say "dinter." It's that bad.
Anyway, once a week I'm responsible for making dinner. Correction. I'm responsible for dinner. Making it is optional, depending on whether or not I want to spend money to take everyone out (I usually don't). This week I did two meals, so I'm petitioning to clep out of next week. I'm sure Trudy will pull some sort of "well I cooked hundreds of meals with no help, so I don't owe you a dern thing" argument. It will most likely work. So look forward to "What's for Dinter: 2nd
edition" next week.
My first exquisite meal was a feast of egg,
bacon ("how bout some... bacon!" name that movie),
tomato, turkey, pepperoni, and 2 kinds of fine cheeses (cheddar and pepper jack).
Otherwise known as the omelette.
I should mention that all of my meals are for now excruciatingly boring given that this Smith household is back on phase 1 of the South Beach Diet (boo!) So it's all sorts of meat and like 1 1/2 carbs a day for at least 2 weeks (woot.).
Okay so an omelette is and omelette is an omelette. Seen one seen 'em all.
But tonight I made what I call "Chicken FredVegas." It is chicken breast
wrapped up in turkey
then wrapped in bacon
and baked up in some cream of chicken.
Usually it has rice. Refer to the diet outlined above. 1 1/2 carbs a day hardly leaves room for some rice. Instead I served the meat with black beans
and a chopped salad with pecans.
Don't I sound fancy.
I even listened to La Vie En Rose as I cooked. That's high society.
Or as Mary Beth (who I finally got to talk to today) would say, "privileged."
The ability to up and go to the grocery, bring food home and prepare it for five hungry mouths. Yeah, I'd call that a privilege.

Just call me Sadie Homemaker. But 'cept for don't.
No comments:
Post a Comment