Thursday, May 6, 2010

Boogie

I'm at my friend Sarah's apartment getting ready to boogie.

She has amazing-smelling soap. Now you know.

I don't have my camera to document, so I figured I'd use my words.

Hey! Speaking of boogie, remember that time I had sinusitis during exam week? (get it?!)

It may be gross, but I feel the need to express how happy I am that that's over. Finished my antibiotics today, even.

This week is flying by. What with the lunch dates with Deirdre and Mrs. Engel, Matt Paxson, Sandy, the dinner outings with Peterso and some fabulous interns, speaking at 180, moving, watching Free Willy 4, Ice Castles (and consequently actual skating videos on youtube ;) can't break the habit), reading up on some Bible, praying over my future and specifically Washington, D.C., going through pictures, unpacking, enjoying some bomb pops, running miscellaneous errands (the wedding related ones are the best!) and in all of this napping and (finally) getting eight some-odd hours of sleep each night on a perfectly lovely futon at La Petit Maison Blanche.

Yes, staycation in FredVegas has a little extra spark that the city usually lacks in my own rush.

I love this place. I love these friends. I love my job. I love what each teaches me.

And I love the promise that I can anticipate better, sweeter, deeper in the future.

I am so thankful for the means to go out with a group of people and have a leisurely dinner. So as I get ready tonight, I dare not take it for granted. The dress, the shoes, the food. The boogie.

Better, sweeter, deeper doesn't necessarily mean that I'll always have the physical means to hit the town or even the emotional state to want to party. But while I do, I'm soakin' it up.

Where, oh where, to give back?

It's never far from my mind. The responsibility to do something with all that I have subtly underlays the gratitude in my heart for having it in the first place. Even as I anticipate the future and how that responsibility plays into it all, I will take the gratitude out dancing tonight.

For a boogie or two.

And maybe I'll take these Irish Folk songs on Sarah's computer for a jig, too.

1 comment:

Katie Jones said...

I love Sarah's music so much. I agree this week flew by, and I'm so glad you've got this time to be more singularly focused on your job as you close up this chapter of it. Can't wait to see you again very soon!

word verification: siologie
what a sweet awesome word! french?