Friday, June 18, 2010

I'll Tell You What I Told Her

It went something like this:

"Deirge,

...I'm heading to Peru on Monday and got to
thinking. I am all the time sharing short stories of our
correspondences and people (like Katie Jones, for instance) keep
saying they love you and would love to be your friend, too and would
love to know more about your wit and humor-- so I thought, why not let
them?

I could, of course, just not blog for the weeks I'm gone, as is my new
style, and the world wold not miss more of my rambling, I am sure.
BUT. how awesome would it be to have you guest post in that time?!

I mean, would it be fun for you?

Because if there is anyone I'd love to hear more about deep thoughts
on life and love and God and friendship and maybe even Hey Arnold
from, it's you. I keep thinking about that e-mail you sent me when you
lost your voice last year and wishing you wrote stuff like that down and shared
it more often because you are an excellent writer and brilliant mind.

Perhaps I'm just suggesting you have your own blog for Pope and C.S.
Lewis ponderances. But in the meantime, would you write for me while
I'm gone?I would LOVE it. Don't feel like you have to, but DO know that
I know people would benefit from the way you love and serve God with your life
and in your words."

And then she agreed, fortunately for you ;)

So while I'm gone, please enjoy what I refer to as Deirge's insights and hilarities.

Photo 26

DSC_1860

IMG_2356

DSC_1140

DSC_0763

DSC_0172

DSC_0032

DSC_0912

DSC_1088

DSC_0848

DSC_0825

DSC_0893

DSC_0706

DSC_1325

DSC_0391

DSC_0396

DSC_0098

DSC_0800

DSC_0702

DSC_0803

DSC_0146


She's a trip. And a gem.

And now that you have a little face for a big name (get it? Big D?!) AND a chronological, pictoral view of our friendship, please enjoy getting to know her!

See y'all on the flip side.

Over to you, Big D.

:D

1 comment:

Katie Jones said...

YES! She could even take over the business. capturedeirdre.blogspot.com. ;)