Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Won't Take the Credit

If these kids turn out to be geniuses, I will not take the credit.

DSC_0219

After all, I did just have to google the correct plural of "genious" only to find out that genius is indeed spelt without an "o."

So clearly, I can't be taking credit.

I mean, it's not like we sit around and discuss stocks and bonds.

DSC_0216

The principles of sound investment.

DSC_0226

Mortgages.

DSC_0231

Interest.

DSC_0217

We don't discuss the value of smart business decisions.

DSC_0245

I am not refining them into honest rule-followers and strategicians.

DSC_0211

(and I do not make up words like "strategician" to make myself sound like an intellectual nanny of the refined variety)

We don't count and exchange money.

DSC_0156

No, no. My encouraging these things in them while we sip afternoon tea, munch scones, ponder politics and philosophy certainly will have nothing to do with their genius. Or genious.

DSC_0158

DSC_0212

Besides, they probably won't end up geniuses given that their solar system painting tells them lies on a daily basis.

DSC_0153

They are much more likely to be great warriors.

DSC_0150

DSC_0151

DSC_0144

And if they do end up geniuses? Well, it seems that day may be a ways away.

DSC_0215

DSC_0225

DSC_0204

DSC_0183

So for now we'll only act like intellectuals for a few pictures. Then just goof off, because that is more fun.

DSC_0177

DSC_0168

DSC_0165

DSC_0162

DSC_0160

DSC_0200

DSC_0181

I'm willing to give up my credit in their brilliant future for a few fart jokes and some nerf gun wars.

Balancing monopoly on your head is so much more exhilarating than entertaining thoughts of mortgages.

DSC_0238

Which is what their mother does for a living, so I'll let her teach them her own brilliance.

I'm just around for kicks.

So if they grow up happy, I'll take a VERY miniscule amount of credit for that.

DSC_0188

1 comment:

Skjp said...

I kind of like the brilliant mortgage mother part! (maybe I inferred the brilliant part) Oh yes...& all the priceless pics of my kids. Pls pls pls b HR this summer.