Seriously, I'm sitting at my computer, trying to squeeze in some last minute work for the evening and all I can think of is that my feet smell like nasty tennis shoes. This is mostly because I have been out of clean socks for about a week and, instead of doing laundry, have gone barefoot in my shoes. Mistake.
It has to end soon, too. Because I have to smell all feminine and pleasant for three weddings this year. Three weddings in which I am at least* a bridesmaid.
*maid of honor in one case
I bring this up because I found out tonight that I will be in this beautiful friend's ceremony.
She's my skating buddy, my fellow so you think you can dance connoisseur, 24 fan, math-loathing, life enjoying, Jesus loving friend, Sarah. And she's engaged to her better half. Who want me present when they make it official. I don't know what I did to have these people who mean so much to me reciprocate those feelings with such an honor. Let me tell you, though, it will be a so fun year. I'm just convinced.
She's my skating buddy, my fellow so you think you can dance connoisseur, 24 fan, math-loathing, life enjoying, Jesus loving friend, Sarah. And she's engaged to her better half. Who want me present when they make it official. I don't know what I did to have these people who mean so much to me reciprocate those feelings with such an honor. Let me tell you, though, it will be a so fun year. I'm just convinced.
It doesn't always look so hunky dory. You know when you hurt someone's feelings and you're really sorry but sometimes that just isn't enough? Well, that reeks more than stinky feet. And I would know. Because I smell like feet.
Good news.
I can just throw my nasty socks in the wash. What has happened can be cleansed.
I can buy new sneakers that don't smell like, well, you know. I can adjust my attitude for what is next.
Why should I gain from His reward I cannot give an answer But this I know with all my heart His wounds have paid my ransom(there was so much pun intended in that.)And as I deal with my own stank, sweet aromas creep from the woodwork. Aromas that are not my own. Because I smell like feet.
That's really all I've got following my little road trip to Richmond and back. I'm just pre-gaming for my adventure this weekend, which you will hear about very soon, I am sure. There will be pictures. Which will be good since I've resigned myself to giving you pictures of detergent. Just saying.
Got anything you need to throw in the wash?



1 comment:
umm... you could have borrowed my socks? for future reference. just saying.
Post a Comment