In sixteen hundred seven
They sailed the open sea
For glory, God, and gold
And The Virginia Company
For the New World was like heaven
And they'd all be rich and free
Or so they had been told
By The Virginia Company
For glory, God and gold
And The Virginia Company
On the beaches of Virginny
There were diamonds like debris
There were silver rivers flowing
And gold you'd pick right off a tree
With a nugget for his Winnie
And another one for thee
And all the rest would go
To The Virginia Company
It's glory, God and gold
And The Virginia Company
This should earn me an A on my test tomorrow, yes? Hope so because it's about all I've got right now. I think it's quite lyrical. Someone should make a song. And a video. And add in Mel Gibson's voice.
Oh, okay, I'll do it.
Or, rather, the inaccurate cartoonists at Disney will.
I mean, come on, John Smith had red hair.
I could use that in my essay.
-----------------------------------------
"If the savage one is me, how can there be so much that you don't know?"
Eat. It. John. Smith. Oh, wait, in actuality you don't have anything to eat.
Well then, go frolic with Pocahontas (who will eventually marry your friend, who saved the colony by planting tobacco). I mean, have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon or asked the grinning bobcat why he grins?
Smell the roses, man. And for once never wonder what they're worth.
Because you can own the earth and still all you'll own is earth until you can paint with all the colors of the wind.
1 comment:
this is why i hate history. it ruins classic Disney films. ;)
WV: diotedl
more like: "DI[E], O TEDL!!!"
But we're not talking to Ted Kennedy,and I'm not going to turn this into an inappropriate joke.
yes to my best friend's wedding.
Post a Comment