Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Good Fit

So I was thinking I should probably acknowledge last night's commencement of the olympics or possibly even get creative with some thoughts on Valentine's Day and how half the fun of it (for me and right now, at least) is being single.

I even thought of going crazy and finishing up my olympic preview-- but I think I'm just going to admit failure on that front. And, alas, there were college-y things to do, like going to the movies or doing laundry with a deficient dryer or hosting an olympic party or making heart shaped pizza, or, gasp, doing work.

There's a novel idea after 3 1/2 snow days.

So I did those things instead.

But, thankfully, Katie Jones created the perfect post for me, without even meaning to, when she sent me this comic (that she made herself!)

What you need to know is that I spend a good amount of time contorting myself in weird positions (I prefer to call it stretching) in order to bring relief to my hip and lower back. My friends, consequently, spend a good amount of time staring at me

a. confusedly
b. with pity
c. in disbelief
d. disapprovingly

That's a lie. Most of them ignore it at this point and have accepted it as a quirk. Or something.

And though Katie may not "get it," she helps me as I stretch. And not just literally.

And I thank God for such a good fit.

No comments: