Sometimes you're just that bored, you know?
(I know for a fact that Katie Jones has to lure herself into the shower with drinks and songs of entertainment, it's that boring to her. I only feel comfortable telling you this because she tweeted about it last night. Also, please go to her website and tell her a song each piece of art makes you think of. #plug)
Today I'm sitting there, reading the directions I've read hundreds of times and got to thinking:
a. I am so thankful for plumbing and hygiene products
b. There is some wisdom in that seemingly self-explanatory line. Lather, rinse, repeat.
It's therapeutic. Ordinary, simple, even necessary. Grab some solution, spread it around, let it sink in. Then let the nastiness wash off.
Do it again.
Its always seemed silly to me that they'd include "repeat." Mostly because I get this image of someone spending hours in the shower, literally implementing the cycle, emptying the bottle. It actually sort of sounds fun to me, since I love a bath. (Truett gets it from his Auntie).
It didn't occur to me until this morning that the "repeat" could just be there as a necessary statement of the obvious.
You're going to have to come back. The one instance is not enough for eternity. And though many of us know that, it sometimes helps to see it written out. Because as much as we may feel the need, as days go by without a cleansing, to jump back in and work up a lather, it takes energy and time and seeing ourselves bare.
I don't feel like it. But the instruction is there. Urging me in the strongest possible way to return to my solution, make much of it, let it sink in, and find myself cleansed.
Bare, but cleansed.
3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
Titus 3:3-7
And cleanliness? Well, they say it's close to godliness.
But by now you know my thoughts on "them."
Oh! And Redken spelled backwards is nekder. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment