Saturday, February 5, 2011

Most Played

or "the gospel according to Selah."

or "when youtube videos attack my blog."

or "my collection is much more diverse than it seems."

Below are my top 25 most played songs according to iTunes (and some lyrics that might indicate why this is so.)

1. Live and Lose by Chad Markley


"You can be my net
When I stumble down

You can be my leap, up off the ground
My escape
From the live and lose."

2. Shadowfeet by Brooke Fraser


"Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet
towards home, a land that i've never seen
I am changing; less and less asleep
made of different stuff than when i began
And I've sensed it all along
fast approaching is the day"

3. One of Those Days by Joy Williams


"It's all mine this kind of life of hurry up and wait"

4. Hymn by Brooke Fraser


"If my heart has one ambition
If my soul one goal to seek
This my solitary vision 'til I only dwell in Thee
That I only dwell in Thee"

5. I Will Show You Love by Kendall Payne


"You will hope in something real that won’t depend on how you feel
When you call my name then I will answer, answer

I am on your side though the wind and waves beat against your faith
You were on my mind when the world was made
Trust in me my child, Trust in me my child"

6. Beauty of Your Peace by Tom Hughes


"Take from our souls the strain and stress
And let our ordered lives confess
The beauty of Your peace"

7. Love Story by BBC Concert Orchestra


8. End Titles by Mark Shaiman


9. How Deep the Fathers Love For Us by Selah


"I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection"

10. New Soul by Yael Naim


"I'm a new soul
I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit about how to give and take.
But since I came here
Felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake

La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...

I'm a young soul in this very strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit bout what is true and fake.
But why all this hate?
Try to communicate
Finding trust and love is not always easy to make."

11. I Stand in Awe by Jeff Johnson


"Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depth of Your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above"

12. Tired of Being Alone by Al Green


"I'm so tired of being alone,
I'm so tired of on-my-own,
...Sometimes late at night I get to wonderin' about you baby"

13. Resurrection by Nicol Sponberg


"You speak and all creation falls to its knees
You raise Your hand and calm the waves of the raging sea
You have a way of turning winter to spring
Make something beautiful out of all this suffering"

14. Unredeemed by Selah.


"Life breaks and falls apart
But we know these are
Places where grace is soon to be so amazing
It may be unfulfilled
It may be unrestored
But when anything that's shattered is laid before the lord
Just watch and see
It will not be unredeemed"

15. Not Afraid to Be Me by Kendall Payne


"I am meeting myself and I am ready to see
Truth can break our heart that is when it will start
To set us free"

16. Your Love Will Never Change by Dave Barnes


"And You know they tell me
You've given poor men kingdoms
Handed guilty freedom
Taken on their stains
Your love will never change

So tell me
There's nothing that You can't do
Love me though I've hurt You
You'll take all my blame
Your love will never change"

17. I Surrender All by Selah.


"All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now."

18. All of Me by Selah.


"Take my life and make it yours, Lord
Fill me with your love
You are all I need
I surrender all of me"

19. Forrest Gump Suite by Alan Silvestri


20. Standing on the Promises by Selah


"Standing on the promises that cannot fail
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail.
By the living word of God I shall prevail.
I’m standing on the promises of God."

21. Dancin' in the Moonlight by Toploader


"You can't dance and stay uptight
It's a supernatural delight
Everybody was dancin in the moonlight"

22. You Had a Bad Day by Daniel Powter


"You had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around"

23. Show Me by Audrey Assad


"Bind up these broken bones
Mercy bend and breathe me back to life
But not before You show me how to die"

24. Into My Heart/ Fairest Lord Jesus


"Thee will I cherish
Thee will I honour
Thou my soul’s glory, joy and crown"

25. Life Less Ordinary by Carbon Leaf


"Live a life less ordinary
Live a life extraordinary with me"

No comments: