Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Crib {a tour of sorts}

(A Home Song, by Henry Van Dyke)

DSC_0682
{that is my fireplace}

I read within a poet's book

DSC_0686

DSC_0687

A word that starred the page:

DSC_0689

"Stone walls do not a prison make,
Nor iron bars a cage!"

DSC_0691

Yes, that is true; and something more

DSC_0693

You'll find, where'er you roam,

DSC_0695

That marble floors and gilded walls

DSC_0700

Can never make a home.

DSC_0703

But every house where Love abides,

DSC_0705

DSC_0718

And Friendship is a guest,

DSC_0723

Is surely home, and home sweet home

DSC_0732

For there the heart can rest.

DSC_0734

{because the house was clean and all the other Smith homes have gotten blog love but this one and, most importantly, because my generous sister invited me in to this home that she's invested time and money and love to create so I and others can find heart rest here}

{now if only she could get some pictures in all these frames... ;) }

DSC_0708

{that's my job}

1 comment:

Claire said...

I love Emily's decorating so much. Can I hire her to come decorate my apartment? She'll have much less to work with!