...a few words to characterize my Sunday. Jill came over to watch the Oscars (and by Oscars I mean that guy from the vampire movie who is apparently hot. I don't see it. Then again, I only have eyes for Hugh Jackman). We briefly considered going to a campus Oscar party, but me putting on the pumps was as far as we ever got to glamming ourselves up. We were both very comfortable in our sweats, thank you. All hope of appearing in public was lost once we broke out the pretzels and icing-- a new and delightful snack Jill introduced me to. Problem is that it became much more than a snack. We ate the WHOLE container of icing. I really am convinced I'm experiencing a growth spurt, because I am eating literally everything in sight! It is very unlike me and it's a bit concerning... not because I'm trying to diet but because I don't think I've ever craved something as much as I craved the pretzels and icing last night... we put the food away and brought it out again FIVE times! So it did not go very well when I did try on my homecoming dress for the purpose of sneaking into the official Oscar party, stealing food, and returning it to the room. Jill and I decided that if we really wanted to crash the Oscar party and steal their goods, we would have to ditch the dress up/high heels/undercover plan in favor of tennis shoes and overt speed. Luckily, our sugar high did not push us to such lengths. That, and neither of us quite felt like running after a whole tub of icing. Just sayin. So we stayed in the room and enjoyed the alternation of hyperness-- high to low, low to high. Appropriately, I was writing an academic journal entry on Bob Dylan, king of working on highs. The things we do for a grade...
No comments:
Post a Comment