You ever just thought about how cool it is to wake up?
I hadn't really because, I mean, I'm a huge fan of sleep. Please. Love that stuff.
But while the rest of me recharges, the necessary organs, tissues, cells keep functioning to insure I'll wake up. Well, you know, if I so choose to. I didn't think that was such an amazing thing when I got up at 6 a.m. to take Kinley home and pick up Hudson and Addie.
But as I lay them both down for a nap this afternoon, I got to thinking what a miracle it is that a.) they even went to sleep in the first place (at the same time, I might add) and b.) I could just assume they would wake up. I don't consider myself even close to a fatalist, and I don't oft go dreaming up worst case scenarios. But in that moment I realized that it's not my place to go off assuming things-- even stuff as small as a breath.
Which is not to say go'on ahead and assume to worst. I guess I just got reminded today to appreciate the best (well, really, the best case scenario would be for them to stay asleep for a good hour and a half, but I wont get choosy).
They say (one day I'm going to have to meet them) you don't know what you've got 'til its gone.
So right now I'm thinking of something I've got and thanking God for it. And what I have now is a little bit of free time and some sleeping babies whose chests are rising and falling (I checked).
Now I will go pave paradise and put up a parking lot.
Once they (God willing) wake up.
p.s.- look who decided to join us (after clocking in an impressive two and a hafe hours of sleep)...

1 comment:
AWW!! i miss those babies!!
Post a Comment