No, not her.
Although now I want to write about Deirge.
After all, she is the big D.
However, the D I'm referring to this morning is Dallas. The city that killed Kennedy (but I'm not bitter). The city that sits halfway between the Smiths and the Gerlachs. There. I'll look on the bright side. And so far this time with friends can be summed up with the word "bright." I have not laughed so much in the span of 8 hours as I did last night in a long time.
And Allie, the Gerlach nearest my age, isn't even here yet. She is coming in from a 5-week long mission trip this afternoon and we're making it a party at the airport. Sadly, I do not have my camera because Lindsey needed it for a project to promote her music. I figured she really had the more urgent need for the camera and it gives me an opportunity to really soak things up rather than be snapping pictures left and right.
Which I would totally be doing because this trip is delightful. Everything I need my last weekend before school to be. I think someone knew that. And He's just cool like that.
I'll save the recap for when it's over, but for now I just wanted to pop in and say that my own little slice of the world is pretty sweet. And speaking of slice, even though I promise I'm saving the recap, we saw Julie and Julia last night and I'm thinking of starting up actual cooking. I'll need that soundtrack first. But then I'm set to go. Well, you know, after I get all of the utensils. And stock up on ingredients. And move into a kitchen.
It may be a far off dream.
But this is Dallas, you've gotta dream big.
Lee Harvey Oswald did.
No comments:
Post a Comment