Where would my studies on Latin America and the American Revolution and James Farmer and Francais be without hallway bowling or wood floor pair socking skating? Without target excursions or dance parties? Comfy dinner soirees and snow day pictures? How would I learn without these things?
Don't even get me started about where I'd be without the Glee soundtrack (or without Jill who gave it to me).
My favorite song on the cd is "Bust a Move." It's actually a toss up between that and "Dancing With Myself." And the 17 other songs. Like "Sweet Caroline."
I just got back from a reception at my Revolution Professor's home just down the street-- a fun time to dress up, wear my bow coat (one of the best Christmas gifts ever), mingle with friends and make conversation with adults that I admire. Now I'm back in my exact same Christmas pajama attire (with the addition of pearls because I was too lazy to take them off) and I'm uploading pictures of the weekend because my card is almost full of our "play." Those images might not make it onto this post for a while because there *is* such a thing as too much play. It's time to get back to work. I will not be a dull girl, though. For I have had fun in the past 48 hours.
Thank you, God, for friends who play.
To quote Glee, good times never seemed so good.
Of course then it goes on to say "come on fatso just bust a move." (end note: ironic since I just did a report for my weight training class on this ridiculous website. Please watch a couple of the videos for a laugh! ... my personal favorite is Potty Hottie). I, however, am out of time for move busting. All play and no work would make Sadie and failing girl, you know.

No comments:
Post a Comment