More like I'll be boarding in a few minutes, really.
But I felt like if BWI was going to be so kind as to offer free wi-fi over the holidays, I should at least put it to some kind of good use. (Does this even count as "good use?") I was reading over my Airport letter and cannot believe that was only thirteen days ago. I used to read about the Cuban missile crisis and think "it was just several days." I would now believe John Kennedy if he told me those were the longest days of his life. Actually I wouldn't because I feel like November 22 would take the cake. Technically though, it was a pretty short day for him.
For the record, I do not recommend stream of consciousness writing within the first 48 hours coming out of exam week.
I must say, though, Katie Jones wrote a fabulous stream of consciousness essay on going green and sea otters (or should I say "hotters") in the hours after her last test. It involved an otter saying "peace be with you" and her responding "what are you, Jesus?" Then he chased her and said "live long and prosper" to which she responded "what are you, Spock now?" And something about how now she loves to recycle whereas she used to choke the hotters with plastic 6 pack things. Her dramatic, if abrupt, ending was "You're welcome. K, Bye."
Sadly I cannot share this essay with you as it was removed from the Time to Hope website. Haters.
All I'm saying is that I love an airport. Always I do. When I'm looking at 2 weeks of nothing but work or I'm sittin on the flipside, I love chilling against the wall at a gate, with my bags surrounding me, watching little kids dance and parents wish they had a leash for said dancing kid. Then there are those parents who actually have leashes. I love that usually it's just me and the Airport. And, of course, everyone else. It's a time for detox. This is my time to let it sink in.
I'll be home for Christmas.
I'm proud of the work I put into the past couple of weeks. But man, I am so over it. Thank you, thank you, God, for the strength.
Okay now I have to go because I am all up in the way as the pilots are lining up to get on the flight. I feel like I should move, because they are fairly crucial to my getting home.
For Christmas!
4 comments:
For the record, I do NOT love to recycle.
Oooo, I do love to recycle. Don't hate, Kate, appreciate.
PS Don't hit me for calling you Kate. I just like to rhyme.
I like the name Kate... it's just difficult to associate it with myself. But I feel ya. That was a sweet rhyme, but not sweet enough to change my sentiment. :P
Me <--Ultimate Hater
You're welcome, Sadie, for this comment chain.
<3
Post a Comment