Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Post That Would Be Entitled "I Couldn't Sleep"


... you know, if I had tried to go to sleep before I sat to write this.

"I couldn't sleep" just feels like the best excuse for still being awake at 2 a.m. and blogging to tell about it.

It's the eve of my last sit down final and I would just like to say PTL* (mainly because I'm trying to bring that acronym back into my daily conversations because that is how much I miss my friend Sarah E.)


I would also like to make a comparison for you (and no, this comparison is not one of the SEVENTY the follow question asks me to make, so deal with it).

This is an essay question:

How did the civil rights movement change from the early 1960's to the end of the decade?

This is a doctoral thesis introduction:

The civil rights movement of the late 1960's looked quite different than the movement that opened the decade (*editors note* good start, right?! buckle your seatbelt...). How did the civil rights movement change from the early 1960s to the end of the decade? What were the goals of the movement in the early part of the decade and then at the end of the sixties? Were there regional differences in the movement? In analyzing the similarities and differences across the 1960's, be sure to examine two (2) primary documents that represent the early 1960s and two (2) that typify the emergence and politics of nationalism and Black Power after 1965. Lastly (*oh great, there is a lastly...), how did Black Power impact the emergence of activism in other communities of color in the 1960's? Be sure (... hold up didn't he say LASTLY?!) to cite at least two (2) specific examples of how civil rights and Black Power shaped movements by people of color outside African American communities. (now he really is done)

... and yet this is exactly the question (well one of five of them) on my final exam review sheet.

I would like to clarify that where you see the (2) after the "two", that was the professor, not me. Isn't it ironic how he wants me to answer this question by memorizing six (6... that was me) sources and yet at the same time proceeds to insult my intelligence because I might not know what "two" means, he should probably type the number 2?

Also, I'm supposed to answer this question within the front and back of a blue book page. For fun I decided to write out that question on a blue book page and it fills up my allotted space! It is worth mentioning that a blue book page is literally the size of my hand.

and lastly (and I do mean lastly, unlike a certain Dr. Rigelhaupt who perhaps should spend less time clarifying numbers and more time looking up the meaning of "lastly") I have to respond to 3 of these essay questions. Thats eighteen (18) sources to analyze in three (3) blue book pages. It takes that much room to list said sources.

Pay no attention to this post, I'm just cranky because my mouth is dry from the millions (1,000,000's) of peanut butter crackers I've ingested in the past couple of days.

*PTL= Praise the Lord

No comments: