"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened... So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."
-Matthew 7:7-8, 12
Can I tell you something? I love God. Does that sound pious? I don't mean it to. Because I can only love what I know. And I don't even love that much like I should-- not as often, not as wholeheartedly, not as humbly, not as serving. Not as much as I could. I am so far from knowing all there is to love. So far. Mainly because I rarely give Him the time I did last night to do something. I'm always wary of getting on here and saying how much I love my life. But last night, I was delighted. Deep, bottom of my heart, purposefully delighted. To the other girls it may have just seemed like a random, spontaneous trip to sonic (which it was). I was learning a lesson. And Wacked out Wednesdays will never be the same because a few friends took the time to make the joy complete.
Noelle came in last night right as I was sitting down from my solo dance party. So I got back up and danced some more. I shared with her why I appeared to be going insane and that I figured if I was going to feel out of control, I should at least be giving it up. On my terms. And my terms were a dance party. I read Noelle my post, including the part about wacky packs and she asked what the heck that was. It spiraled from there and 20 minutes later we had picked up Jill and Mary Beth and were on our way to sonic. During all of this, Noelle found out that the house negotiations were a success-- that she, Dina and Deirge will definitely be living in the house they've been looking at and negotiated a really good deal. See, we just had to celebrate. And there was some major praising going on. Praise because Wacked out Wednesday was over and praise because we don't have to be bound by the wack. And that is the last time I'm saying wack for a long time... promise. But now I do have pictures...
...oh, yes, there were zoo tots!
So I sought a little glory and found a little joy. As you can tell, it was not a boring time. But the Matthew verse doesn't just say seek and find. It says do. Do to others what you would have them do to you. I don't have these experiences and take these pictures so I can blog about them. I have these experiences to learn from-- blog or no blog.
Behind everything I see and do, there is a challenge to learn and do more. I don't always step up. The point of writing is to challenge myself and document the journey. Not because I'm wise, but because I am an absolute fool... who just wants to learn. Who is okay with being broken. Who wants to be burdened by people's hurt. Who loves being delighted. Who wants to delight. Who believes that being selfish isn't worth it, but constantly acts selfish.
Maybe having a blog is selfish. Sometimes I think that. And I definitely see how it looks that way. After all, why should you care about this fool? But for me this is a place of self examination. If other people want to read along, I don't really have anything to hide. If anything I have something to show. Most importantly, though, I have something to go do. This blog serves as a good reminder of that for me-- that I can say all I want to here, but if I'm not living it what's the point?
No comments:
Post a Comment