Saturday, January 2, 2010

doing "the Best" i can

So in November of 2008 I did NaBloPoMo. That's fancy blogger language for National Blog Posting Month, an exercise that invites bloggers to post once every day about a theme.

November was sort of an epic fail and involved many random posts about nothing for the sake of posting but it was an important month to document. I feel like without the posts from that time I might not remember life during the most intense stages of writing my mini-thesis. So while much of what I write has a purpose and often a little red bow to tie it up, the NaBloPoMo does a much better job actually capturing the day to day. Plus it's just fun to say. Difficult to type, though, I have to say. Matter of a fact if I have to type it again, I might just copy and paste. I'm getting that lazy over this break.

I feel like this is going to be a fun month, with lots of stupid things to look forward to as well as some deeper things. I still wasn't going to do it, though, since last November I had zero readers and now I have a few of you and once a day posting is just an excessive amount of me for those of you who take the time to pay attention to my fairly uneventful life.

Then I read the e-mail about this month's theme:

"The theme for January is BEST. Or you can do your best every day, at whatever it is you do, and then post about it. Or look for the best in anyone or anything and report your findings."

Talk about a wide range of options. And I just think you can't go wrong with a goal like this, right? The blog is a good way to ensure I keep up with the exercise. Feel free to get sick of me. But I'll be doing my "best." Those of you who have blogs wanna join in the NaBloPoMo fun (believe I really did just copy/paste that)? I do hope you will.

As for today (which is actually the 1st, I'm just up really late watching Alias with Lauren), I did my very best to shoot some pictures of the Leonard family. In the 36 degree weather that little man here, especially, did not appreciate much.

DSC_0405

But we still got a few good shots, and hey, at least we had an excuse to get done quickly.

DSC_0368

DSC_0346

DSC_0448

DSC_0436

DSC_0396

4 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Well, you've certainly started out great! Now do your "best" :)

Melanie said...

gorgeous photos and the theme sounds like fun, I might join in if I can get my act together!

Katie Jones said...

i'm looking forward to you being a mom. assuming this happens. can we still be friends then? ;)

^oh, did that have nothing to do with this post? sorry...

Gillian said...

Haha, Katie Jones I love you and your comments.

PS Word vertification is thirrs which is like thirsty and I am thirsty. How did it know?