With Little Rock's luck (and the sub par ability of Ed Buckner to accurately predict the weather), it'll be sunny and 50 degrees by tomorrow. But for now the idea of being sleeted in for a day or so is fun. The weather is not the only frightful aspect of the night.
It was my goal over break to at least do some preliminary research on exactly what my game plan needs to be in the next year in order to receive a teaching license in Arkansas, do some sort of summer missions, and complete my senior thesis. For some unknown reason I decided to do all three of these things tonight, with four more days of break, resulting in what I assure you is at least a minimally higher blood pressure.
It is a good thing I got a cute planner for Christmas, because this year is all about the planning ahead.
If you know me, you know that is not only something out of character for me, it is, quite frankly, frightening.
They are deadlines I can meet, it is research I can do, and it is service I am so eager to offer.
But home girl is going to need some help.
The good news is that God has already answered my prayer to build a dependence on Him. I'll use the fear that is currently stimulating my heart towards a growing reverence towards God. In doing so, God promises this:
You who fear him, trust in the LORD—
he is their help and shield.
-Psalm 115:11
Praise the LORD.
Blessed is the man who fears the LORD,
who finds great delight in his commands.
Blessed is the man who fears the LORD,
who finds great delight in his commands.
-Psalm 112:1
Come on, frightful weather, so I can leisurely sit by the (newly remote controllable) fire with my family for just one more day.
And come on, God, bring pleasure to the planning.
No comments:
Post a Comment