Friday, January 1, 2010

You're So Two Thousand and Late

I confess I just used a title while having absolutely zero idea of what it really means.

I'm not sure the Black Eyed Peas know what it means either.

But I know it rhymed well in the song, so what more do we want from them?

What's that? You want them to try to use the word mozoltov naturally in a song? Check. (Well the "naturally" is debatable.)

But, I think the title gets across what I'm trying to do here, and that is wrap up 2009.

There have been some tough emotional and spiritual times, yo. Each has taught me something about myself, the people around me and, most importantly, God. I confess that I haven't kept up with the lessons as well as I would like. All of this celebrating a new year-- shoot, a new decade-- has given me a little time to gather them back up. And these lessons have everything to do with how I approach 2010.

With a clean journal, an open bible, an intimate God, a slow tongue, a cleared memory card and a new attitude.

I'm aware that it sounds very New Year's resolution-ish. But the attitude adjustment, I promise, is not something I, myself, have resolved. It kind of snuck up on me by surprise and God is telling me, almost demanding me, "Sadie, you will have a new attitude." Which is fine, oh so fine, with me. Here and there and everywhere has kind of been exhausting.

Resolving to love God with all of my heart and serve Him faithfully may be so two thousand and eight.

Well, then, I'm so two thousand and late.

Here's to a boom boom pow kind of year.

To document, I will now include tidbits of my so two thousand and nine life.

We brought it in with a classic Nertz night at the Berry's and some sugar for my momma.

DRC^0862

DSC_0924

Then we celebrated (belatedly) Big D's birthday.

DSC_0206

Holly surprised me by visiting for Obama's inauguration.

DSC_0444

We had girls night in Alexandria (and I discovered why one might need a go-girl on the way home)

DSC_0608

There was miscellaneous "work" going down at the BCM.

DSC_0713

I ended up loving biology-- something almost surely in direct correlation with having Annie as a lab partner and study buddy.

DSC_0904

DSC_0730

We celebrated Jill's birthday (and saw He's Just Not That Into You).

DSC_0955

Bess came to visit and we sold her on UMW.

DSC_0980

The Townsend's visited.

DSC_0030

We (sort of) dyed Noelle's hair.

DSC_0123

We had exactly one "regular" sister dinner ;)

DSC_0238

I began regularly attending Supper Sem.

DSC_0315

Spring Break did not come too soon.

DSC_0325

Addie was born.

DSC_0580

I got to see this precious friend exactly once.

DSC_0588

We had many "typical" moments. (and Peterso reminded our study partay that while God does not measure your life on how much you get done, your teachers do!)

DSC_0674

DSC_0635

Deirdre danced like a mad woman and got epically malade.

DSC_0772

The big bed came out to play.

DSC_0848

We got our leadership training on.

DSC_1232

I found Katie Jones and demanded that she be my roommate.

DSC_1257

No Sunlite raised the roof. (or the Father)

DSC_1273

Easter was really cold but so enlightening. And straight up fun.

DSC_1442

DSC_1576

I started teaching the preschoolers at Fairview.

DSC_1473

We christened Wacked Out Wednesdays.

DSC_1582

The ladies settled on La Petite Maison Blanche

DSC_1687

We watched the Nats lose. By seeing the score scroll at the bottom of the tv screen in the Merchants reception area.

DSC_1889

We roasted seniors.

DSC_1989

We went fetal over Tweedy journal entries.

DSC_0057

Katie Jones and I took what we didn't know then would become our first typical picture.

DSC_0073

Noelle and I packed up.

DSC_0158

Dad and I watched 24 over Cheesecake Factory carryout in Baltimore.

DSC_0184

Katie, Steph and I took Addie and Huddie to see Kris Allen and then he won American Idol. I mean, we don't want to take ALL of the credit.

DSC_0263

DSC_0285

Danielle got engaged!

DSC_0401

... and we couldn't get excited about it. (lie)

DSC_0513

I got Link!

DSC_0664

We saw the Rangers live for the first time in too many years.

DSC_0700

We spent a lot of afternoons at the Paddie Pool.

DSC_1112

DSC_1170

I started working at Tropical Smoothie.

DSC_1297

I got to babysit some, too.

DSC_0857_2

DSC_0859_2

We did some Summer SNABing (Sunday Nights At the Berry's)

DSC_0088

DSC_0092

Stephanie graduated Nursing School with honors. It took some practice.

DSC_0344

Mesha took up modeling.

DSC_0439

Mom and I (maybe inappropriately?) went to see The Hangover

IMG_0081

ARKIE!! (need I say more?)

DSC_1051

I moved into my first apartment.

DSC_0016

And got my very first apartment mates

DSC_0352

I got to know the Ulman's better. (necessary)

DSC_0082

We learned some Thriller.

DSC_0206_2

Deirdre threw a party and Baby Horne happened ;)

DSC_0391

Jill took me to tea for my birthday.

DSC_0491_2

The freshmen rocked.

DSC_0516

DSC_0564_2

Oh yeah! They got engaged.

DSC_0614

(as predicted)

DSC_0688

Noelle and I turned 20. (a lot of other people did, too, I hear)

DSC_0696

Dina came back with a bang!

DSC_1051

We shopped for dresses of the wedding variety.

DSC_0051

Jill found her groom. He did not have a head.

DSC_0072

We dined riverside with neighbors. ("Ashley, why don't you ever write 'i luv you' on my leg with sticks?")

DSC_0269

gross.

IMG_0096

I visited the Townsends. (it was funner than Lizzie lets on)

DSC_0400

Emily came! (and Jill coughed a lot)

DSC_0562_2

Jill also made popcorn a lot. (BYOP)

DSC_0552

This was normal.

IMG_0119

Fall happened.

DSC_0885

Kathlean became my Sunday School assistant and good friend.

DSC_1083

We got some Roots on (like it or not)

DSC_0321

I learned how to (un)gracefully execute "the swan"

DSC_0334

Cole was a troll.

DSC_0623_2

Bloom had a tangible impact on my life ;)

DSC_0624

I learned (with Big D's help) to ALWAYS get a buggie at Wal Mart.

DSC_0771

Also normal. (not?)

IMG_0158

We went to Nana's. And I destroyed her vent.

DSC_0802

And threw Noelle a Bridal Shower.

DSC_0834

DSC_0853_2

Katie Jones and I fought over coffee creamers.

DSC_0109_2

So she bought a storehouse of it.

IMG_0179

More "normal" ;)

IMG_0197

Thanksgiving Super Sem.

DSC_0003

Deirdre bought me these pajama pants (but not the babys first christmas pajamas... no need for those. promise. but 'cept now maybe Baby Smith might need them for this year!)

IMG_0229

Roomies.

IMG_0230

A great day.

DSC_0015

IMG_0234

Katie stared working at Tropical Smoothie. The results of our professional pairing...

DSC_0575

Dad got a promotion. And we decided to add a Quasi-Smith to the mix (stay tuned)

DSC_0590

We threw Danielle a lingerie shower.

DSC_1010

So. much. Twilight. happened.

IMG_0284

The Creepster did his usual creeping.

DSC_1064

God made beautiful sunsets.

DSC_1079

Against all odds, the go girl came in handy.

IMG_0290

There was a lot of joy.

DSC_1161

Jill and I got boyfriends.

DSC_1169

We decorated with "non-denominational winter solstice event" lights.

DSC_1197

DSC_1213

DSC_1244

These two decided to remake a picture from last year (talk about so 2000 and eight!)

DSC_1334

DSC_0473

It snowed.

DSC_1503

We got Finals cabin fever.

DSC_1534

DSC_1573

While still others constructively orchestrated dinners.

DSC_1717

I flew home (and took this picture in the bathroom)

DSC_1561

We sewed two stockings (mostly mom did)

DSC_1567

I got to keep Addie. (for a day)

IMG_0330

Danielle got married!

DSC_0216

Emily and I skated.

DSC_0200

Beat that, 2010! Oh, you're up to the challenge?

Well, Mozoltov.


1 comment:

Katie Jones said...

hmmm, i'll try to make sure some of that "normalcy" remains in your life at least for these first few months of 2010. ;)

also, :-* is indeed a kissy face--at least on AIM. but i like the idea of it being an eat-your-face face, because that really does just seem more appropriate.

also, i realized that baby is probably going to pop out right before you head back to umw for your senior year. am i right? shame!

MISS you, too. can't wait to throw stuff at you again. mostly my love.

word verification is "musch." be prepared for some o' dat, too.