So far I have only failed at two days of NaBloPoMo.
The first day I missed because I was ordering 19 books off of various websites... 3 different times.
Last night I didn't post because I was busy setting mouse traps... in 3 different places.
As it turns out, the little white house (aka: la petite maison blanche) has its first rodent visitor (resident?). I've named him Victor because that is the brand of trap that we used and also because I have this ridiculous need to name everything. I ended up spending the night at the girls house because, well, you should have heard the screaming. Actually, only Dina screamed and only when she found the huge hole Victor had eaten through her closet. Deirdre had this shaky/panic look going on and I really couldn't help but intensely desire to be there when one or both of them heard the "snap!" (we know exactly how this snap would sound, you see, because Noelle trapped her finger at least 3 times while attempting to arm the devices. I laughed-- but you could've guess that)
There is nothing like 3 girls at Walmart trying to find a.) where the mouse traps even are and b.) which mouse trap to buy. In true college fashion, we bought the cheapest. But not before calling Deirdre's boyfriend for advice. Afterwards, Dina called her dad and spoke half farsi/half english. One sentence began in really fast, really dramatic farsi and ended with "no I'm not going to touch it!!"
Another favorite moment was when Dina walked in on us preparing the traps. I immediately clarified, "no, we do not think there are mice in your house." It didn't work, she panicked. And then went on about how she thought it was just some annoying bird outside of her window making all the scratching noises upstairs.
Anyway, I spent the night for no real reason (except for, of course, the excellent company of the ladies) because there was no Victor come morning. Or at least no Victor in the victor traps. Deirdre thinks they caught him tonight but doesn't have the guts to look.
Wimp.
All I know is that I tried to help. And I was unsuccessful.
Unlike this night, which has been completely successful on all accounts. Except for the homework account. But I learned about a really cool filibusterer (not like congress filibustering but like a wannabe pirate/revolutionary/self-proclaimed president in 19th Century Latin America from Tennessee), had some fun studying the bible, had great fun with Katie Durham at Castiglias chillin' with our waiter named Timmy (though nicknamed Skippy when we couldn't remember his actual name) who went next door to buy us gilatto when I acted upset that they didn't have any ice cream for dessert and he "forgot" to put my diet pepsi on the ticket and then got back in my car, which was parked in front of a mustang with "pnygrl" tags, and headed home to watch some hilarious office and random episodes of 24 from its worst but most comical season (6). Nina and Hollji made guest appearances and we watched as Mika made the point that big girls really are beautiful with his inspired music video.
And so, with that, I'm turning in for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment