... the boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me.
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body will also rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay."
-Psalm 16:2, 6-10
I'm again worn out by an utterly blessed day. It wasn't what I expected or what we planned from the getgo, but everyone has these days, right? It was just random hanging out with my family. A day full of the good things that make right here in Little Rock with these people home. Mom and I baked for a while once we finally got home from the grocery at 12:15 a.m. I am so thankful for this time. I had a few ignunt moments, but the finished products came out with no harm. Their prognosis tomorrow night may be slightly less optimistic- as per I intend to tear these pies up.
I'm getting that feeling like I should be soaking all of this time up. Like I never want it to end. In reality, I should be soaking all of Him up. Because, with all of the fun I had today, apart from Him I have no good thing. I'd like to keep my "good things" (aka, the list of every thing I am thankful for), so it's really a matter of drawing near to Him. It's not the only reason to draw closer, but the best indication of growth in Him is the existence of a certain joy in knowing that my good things are not my good things at all. Oh, I'll enjoy them. I'll hug them. I'll watch them. I'll talk on them. I'll cuddle with them. I'll eat them. I'll life chat with them. I'll love a good deal of them. Here on Earth, I have one of the most delightful inheritances. But this thanksgiving I rejoice because with or without the good things, I have not been abandoned.
No comments:
Post a Comment